Well its 92% true though
Please write a short essay (250 - 300 words). Please choose one of the following essay options:
Tell us about a life changing event
I once thought that money is everything. With money, we can do anything, buy anything, eat anything and even “buy” respects and fames. All we need is just these “papers”. I once wonder that life is merely to acquire good qualification to get wealth or to earn enough money to educate my next generations.
I once thought that life was what happened around me; that my sense of self was measured by my personal situation. It was as though I carried my life in my pocket, I saw it as something physical that I could handle. I believed I could measure my life by the people around me, my circumstances, my possessions, finances, and career.
The world indeed needs changing. Yes, on 20th January 2009, a historical event shows me that life is not a routine of repetitions of past happenings. Even Obama can be the president of USA with his famous slogan “change”!
What is more important is to do what you like and what you want to do. I think it is pointless to keep working merely intend to earn money. What do we do if we do not use these money instead of, for instance, let them to be stolen. So, when Obama becomes the president of USA, my perception of life changed; Life is more meaningful if I can accomplish my dreams, enjoy happiness, and make a caring society. What’s more, life’s short.
Now I just want to “enjoy” my life, enjoy it for how it is right now, do whatever what I think is right and beneficial to, the human race, the environment, the world, and our earth. Of course, Obama’s speech does remind me that life is enjoying on the condition of not hurting others.
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
